'portrait of 3 ladies sitting at a cafe'

© sonia esposito
(sketch. melbourne winter 2009)
NOTES
the ladies sketched in this drawing are 65 years of age+. age is not the observation but the evolution of human social networks alongside the greater mechanics of the everyday. the mystery of connection and disconnection over time - between people and the universal environment. geometric shapes are of interest to me, replacing parts of the human figure, and in particular the head representing a meeting of minds or a patchwork of human fabric weaving.

Monday, November 30, 2009

'a letter to the full moon'

Oh dear moon let me sleep
you keep me awake
in this endless dream
There are hours passing
minutes escaping
moments surpassing
Come closer moon
There outside my window
Come closer now, touch my face
In your glowing bed
Tell me what holds your smile
In your glowing bed
Across dark aisles of sky
Oh I wish
upon the
a shooting star that falls asleep.

© sonia esposito

No comments:

Post a Comment