'portrait of 3 ladies sitting at a cafe'

© sonia esposito
(sketch. melbourne winter 2009)
NOTES
the ladies sketched in this drawing are 65 years of age+. age is not the observation but the evolution of human social networks alongside the greater mechanics of the everyday. the mystery of connection and disconnection over time - between people and the universal environment. geometric shapes are of interest to me, replacing parts of the human figure, and in particular the head representing a meeting of minds or a patchwork of human fabric weaving.

Monday, November 30, 2009

'animal shoes'

Now you know it’s time to run when you start falling in love with a man’s nose. He was sitting next to me, in the back row of the cinema dark. Why do I love his nose, I asked myself. Is it him I come falling for. Again I shall fall back I know. His head collapses in on me. I feel his warmth. Animal shoes. I see their glow. I flick his leg. He can not hear me. I flick again. He turns around. His eyes are wide, I feel his astound. I tell him that I like his shoes. I can’t hold back, so I tell him again, that I like his shoes. His animal shoes. I love.


No comments:

Post a Comment