'portrait of 3 ladies sitting at a cafe'

© sonia esposito
(sketch. melbourne winter 2009)
NOTES
the ladies sketched in this drawing are 65 years of age+. age is not the observation but the evolution of human social networks alongside the greater mechanics of the everyday. the mystery of connection and disconnection over time - between people and the universal environment. geometric shapes are of interest to me, replacing parts of the human figure, and in particular the head representing a meeting of minds or a patchwork of human fabric weaving.

Monday, November 23, 2009

the dream doctor

a man walks into the dream doctor's office
it's close to midnight
the man pulls up a chair and sits down
the doctor is asleep but comfortable under blue light
the man drags the chair closer in
MAN: "Doc, Doc"
the doctor suddenly wakes
and has a battle with the lamp in mid-air and nearly falls off his chair
the doctor finally takes control and spins the spotlight around on the man's face
DOC: "so, tell me your problem"
MAN: "well it starts here, right now (clock strikes midnight). I'm dreaming of a lion. It's next to me, lying in my bed"
DOC: "is it awake?"
MAN: "her eyes are wide open"
DOC: "are you sure it's female?"
MAN: "yes. I mean no. It's got a mane."
DOC: "what colour are its eyes?"
MAN: "brown, with yellow rings. normal lion colour eyes. But I don't feel afraid. Hang on wait, he's turning his head..."
DOC: "stay calm, stay calm"
MAN: "he's jumping off the bed and getting my, my mobile phone...?"
DOC: "why do you need your mobile phone?"
MAN: "I guess, I need it to put my alarm clock on?! To make phone calls?! Set a reminder?! I've been sleeping in a hell of alot lately?! All right, all right, it's time to get things in order. If I wake up at 6am for 14 days straight will it get me back on track? Can I become one with the sunrise. I'm getting confused between morning and night. I've moved into this great new house with these great big curtains. Perhaps I'm still adjusting .... What does this all mean?!"
DOC: "It means you need to change your socks, forget about the curtains and buy some solar panels for your rooftop."

© sonia esposito

1 comment:

  1. for an even better blog.. check out hughrtherford.blogspot.com

    haha

    ReplyDelete